Welcome to my life

I am PROUD to share my life, experience and love with others in hope to inspire them to do the same.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

When you say goodbye....I say hello!!!







It still feels surreal that this time tomorrow the boys and I will be on a flight back to Nebraska. It sometimes feels like a step back, Shane and I said we would never move back, there was no reason to...until we had our kids. It's funny how your priorities change when you look into those little eyes and know you are responsible for these little people.

Nebraska was the best choose for our family. We were able to buy a house, save money, travel, send them to great schools and raise them in the manner we value. There is something about the Midwest that feels right. I am sure when the boys look back at their baby pictures and see the beach and sun they will ask "What the heck were you thinking!!!". I know its the right thing but it is sad leaving paradise.

We have had such a fun time here, they weather is amazing, we have met some amazing people and done some really fun things. It will be bittersweet that is for sure.

I have felt a little lost out here without family to help with the boys. We will have friends who are family and support in Nebraska that we don't have here. There are people I trust to leave my boys with so Shane and I can have a night off. There are people who will love my boys like I do. Although Nana and PopPop are not there we do have adoptive grandparents that can help out which will be so nice! And Nana and PopPop always visit their boys.

So I don't say goodbye.... I say Hello. Hello to a better life for me and my family! Hello to old friends and to new ones and Hello to date night with Shane or a night out with the girls...FINALLY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment