Welcome to my life

I am PROUD to share my life, experience and love with others in hope to inspire them to do the same.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I have turned into my Father!!!


I have always known I was going to be just like my mom. I look like her, I laugh like her and in almost every way I am just like her. I was prepared for that and not shocked when I started doing and saying the same things my mom said when I was growing up.

What I was not prepared for was turning into my father as well. We all used to cry in the car when he wanted to listen to the oldies station....and now what do I listen to in the car....yup you guessed it OLDIES!!! We all used to make fun of him for buying how to books, every project he wanted to do he would go buy a book about how to do it, read up on it and then attempt it.....what did I just buy yesterday.... A how to book on decks...SERIOUSLY!!! When did I turn into my father!!!

Not that it is a bad thing it just took me by surprise! I was not prepared to do the things he did as we grew up. I know there are going to be times I say one of his catch phrases to the boys and just hope I can keep a straight face when those words come out of my mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Haha did your parents use phrases like "I'm the Mommy, that's why," "When you're 18," and "Nothing ventured, nothing gained?"

    ReplyDelete